Welcome to another installment of Member Mondays! Every so often, we will share a profile of a region member, featuring answers from our questionnaire. If you would like to participate, please email Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org! We want to hear about everyone!
This week our featured region member is Elizabeth Bennet . . . we mean, Elizabeth Brink!!!
Name: Elizabeth Bennet . . . I mean Brink
Location: Spokane, Washington
- How did you become a Jane Austen fan? How long have you been one? I went to see a play of Pride and Prejudice in high school (age 16) and loved it! That sealed my fate.
- Favorite Jane Austen novel: Persuasion, Pride and Prejudice
- Favorite Jane Austen character: Anne Elliot
- Favorite Jane Austen couple: Mr. Darcy and Georgiana Darcy, such a good older brother!
- Which Jane Austen location would you most want to visit? The Lake district, even though Lizzy didn’t make it all the way there
- Favorite JA Adaptation: 1995 Pride and Prejudice AND the 2009 Emma is SO GOOD!
- Special Jane Austen items in your in collection? A picture of me on the Cobb in Lyme Regis pretending to be Louisa Musgrove, though not actually falling! (Editor’s note: a screenshot of the photo with caption and location is featured above!)
- Any little Jane Austen rituals you associate with the books or movies, etc.? Not really, but what a great idea!
- Favorite Jane Austen quote? “For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and to laugh at them in our turn?”
-Mr. Bennet, P&P
- Best part about being a Jane Austen fan? The connection with my dad, he quotes Pride and Prejudice and then I jump in and finish the line.
- If you could invite Jane Austen or some of her characters to a meal/tea, what would you serve? Who would you invite? What question would you want to ask Jane or a character? Tea and homemade gingerbread. NOT Mr. Collins! What enneagram number are you?
- Biggest villain in a JA novel? Henry Crawford
- Favorite JASNA EWANID events so far? The very first tea was so fun and the food was delicious! My napkin kept slithering off my lap like Harriet Vane’s in Gaudy Night.
- Favorite place to read? Drink? Snack? The back deck in summer. Assam loose leaf tea. Any homemade bread.
- Are there any other authors you recommend? Anthony Trollope, Angela Thirkell, D.E. Stevenson, Dorothy Whipple, Elizabeth Gouge, Elizabeth Fair, Miss Read
- Hardback, paperback, or e-reader? Any and all. 🙂
- How do you mark your place in a book? A literary heroine bookmark from the Carrot Top Paper Shop on Etsy.
- How do you organize your books? By genre, though my English books are split on a different shelf.
- Any other thoughts/comments on Jane Austen or JASNA EWANID? Loving all of it!
Thank you so much for participating, Elizabeth! We loved reading your answers!
If you wish you participate (and we hope you will!), please email us at email@example.com. Cheers!