As our region membership expands, we want to learn more about you, our members, so we have come up with a new thing: Member Mondays! We kind of kicked it off with our interview with author Pamela Aidan (read it HERE). Every Monday (or every couple of Mondays), we will be sharing answers from our “Member Mondays” questionnaire with a different member of our region. If you would like to participate, please email Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org! We want to hear about everyone!
We are so happy to share answers from our 2019 Spring Giveaway winner Diana S. today! She is a newer member and her first event with us was our Spokane Northanger Abbey discussion meeting in February.
Name: Diana S.
Location: Spokane, Washington
- How did you become a Jane Austen fan? How long have you been one? Decided to give P&P another chance, fell in love. Twenty years ago. (Hated it in high school)
- Favorite Jane Austen novel: Persuasion
- Favorite Jane Austen character: Henry Tilney
- Favorite Jane Austen couple: Admiral & Mrs. Croft
- Which Jane Austen location would you most want to visit? Chawton Cottage. I’ve been to Bath, but years before I was a Janeite, so I’d like to go back and see it anew.
- Favorite JA Adaptation: 1995 Persuasion, starring Amanda Root & Ciaran Hinds
- Special Jane Austen items in your in collection? 1st editions of her juvenalia 1922, 1933, 1951. 1885 Northanger Abbey & Persuasion. 1890 Life of Jane Austen by Goldwin Smith. 1898 Letters of Jane Austen.
- Favorite Jane Austen quote? There are too many brilliant quips to be able to choose just one.
- Best part about being a Jane Austen fan? The sense of peace & fulfillment upon finishing one of her books. The feeling that all is well with the world.
- Biggest villain in a JA novel? John Thorpe.
- Favorite JASNA EWANID events so far? Northanger Abbey discussion and the annual tea. I loved them both!
- Favorite place to read? Outside, on a sunny day with a slight breeze, in the garden, with a glass of wine. (Editor’s note: that describes today’s weather perfectly! Happy reading, Diana!)
- Are there any other authors you recommend? Elizabeth Gaskell, Charlotte Bronte . . . the usual suspects. 🙂
- Hardback, paperback, or e-reader? Hardback, preferably antique.
- How do you mark your place in a book? A ribbon.
- How do you organize your books? I guess by genres—music, art, gardening, but antique books are separate from modern.
Thank you for sharing, Diana! We hope you enjoy your giveaway prize!! If you would like to participate in Member Mondays, send us an email at email@example.com!